Monday 13 October 2014

Comments From Voters

One of the best parts of my day is receiving an email or a phone call from someone who has heard about my campaign whether it is by receiving my flier, through a media interview or simply by seeing a sign or word of mouth. These comments range from direct issues they have affecting them, giving me insight to below the surface problems that exist, to offering volunteer support or requesting lawn signs to further the spread my non-partisan message.
Below are just a small sample of the amazing things I received that I share with my volunteer team. These words of encouragement motivate us each day to go and out with renewed energy, knowing we are making a difference in St Boniface.

"The rhetoric sucks! Just received your letter in the post box and it sounds refreshing to hear some “straight talk” from a potential councilor." - Laurie, Southland Park

"I read your newsletter. I normally don't even look at these things, but I checked it out. Its an excellent excellent letter and I don't say those things very often. In fact, its so excellent that I'd like to take a sign for my property." - Dave, Norwood

"You were at our door earlier this evening, you've got two votes here son and if you want to put a sign on our property we don't have a problem with that. - Wayne, Windsor Park

"Thank you for taking the time to talk to me earlier. We appreciate your straight forward talk on the issues that we discussed and we would be happy to put a lawn sign up." - Jackie, Southland Park

"Read the drop off left in our mail box tonight/today as well as your website and can only ask - where have you been? Like what we've read and are willing to support." - Lynn & Leslie, Norwood

"Just wanted to let you know that I'm voting for you on election day!" - Josh, Island Lakes

"I've had enough. I'm glad you stopped by to talk. I like that you didn't hide from my questions and we need someone like that at City Hall. You've got my support and I'll be sure to talk you up to anyone I can." - Craig, Archwood

"Enough with voting in the same type of people, its time to flush city hall. Its the only way we're going to see any real change in this city. Put a sign on my lawn and my neighbours as well." - Tom, Southdale

"Just one question for you. How quickly can you put a sign in my front lawn?" Jim, Island Lakes

"THANK YOU! We finally have someone we can support in this election without feeling it's the lesser of two or seven evils!" - Deanna, Sage Creek

"We really enjoyed reading your website. Please come by and put up a sign." - Jackie, Island Lakes

"I'm glad you stopped by today, I just got back from voting for you! It seems like you are really out there working hard and I appreciate that." - Barry, Southdale

"Hi Ryan, thank you for the signs, we adored them all weekend, not enough of them on our street as far as I'm concerned." - Megan, Norwood

"Hey Ryan, I read the article about you in the Winnipeg Sun today as well as your website. You have some very unique ideas and detailed solutions to back them up. Not something that I've seen from any other candidate. You have our vote and let us know if you need any more volunteer help, we'd love to help you spread your message." - Dennis, St. Boniface

These are a just a sample of the messages I've received and I wanted to thank everyone for their support of my campaign. With the help of my volunteers, we were able to visit nearly 15,000 doorsteps this weekend and place over 100 yard signs throughout the ward. With nine campaign days before election day, my campaign team and I need your support more than ever. If you are able to help with a yard sign, donation (all donations between $25 and $300 receive a rebate of 75%) or by volunteering to distribute my new flier throughout the ward, please contact me at ryandaviesforstb@gmail.com.
Thank you again for taking time to read my website and I hope to have gained your support to create real change with real plans at City Hall on October 22nd.



No comments:

Post a Comment