Monday 20 October 2014

A Message To Voters

To the people of the entire St Boniface ward,

We are on the homestretch of this election campaign, and I would like to thank all of my supporters. Thank you for placing my signs on your lawn. Thank you for taking the time to speak to me about the issues that matter most to you. Most importantly, thank you for talking to your friends, family and neighbours about my campaign to reclaim City Hall for the people of Winnipeg. However, we can't relax yet. If you believe that I am the right choice to represent St. Boniface at City Hall, please help spread my message to as many people as possible. It's not too late to share a link to my website on Facebook. It's not too late to help get my message out to your Twitter followers. It's not too late to help spread the word by calling, emailing or talking to friends, family and neighbours. That's exactly how this campaign has spread in the past weeks, and it's exactly how we've all made it a true grassroots success.

Having said that, the deck is still stacked against us. I am running against an opponent who's backed by massive political machinery and special interest groups. He will tell you that he's non-partisan, but as stated by numerous media outlets, the truth is that he is an active member of the same NDP that has consistently raised taxes at the provincial level, and is on the verge of taking over City Hall with the same ideology and philosophy. He has managed to avoid answering any question that could potentially cost him a vote, and his platform is little more than a generic list of hopes and dreams and lack actual plans and solutions to make real changes at City Hall. I am a non-partisan, fiscal conservative with a vision for St. Boniface and the rest of the city that includes each and every resident of St Boniface, not just special interest groups. I will restore transparency and accountability to a City Hall that is in desperate need of it. Most importantly, I have made it my mission to give a direct answer to any question that has been asked of me. My ideas are backed by concrete plans, all of which are publicly available here on my website. I have not ducked a question during my campaign, nor would I start if elected. My opponent has been ducking questions since he started campaigning, and there's no reason to think that would change were he elected. You, I and the people of St. Boniface deserve better than that.

Most importantly, please make sure you get out and vote this Wednesday. The old saying that in a democracy, we get the government we deserve, has never been more true than in this election. If you want this city to change, on October 22nd you have the opportunity to be an agent of that change. If you want this city to move forward, you have the opportunity to push it forward. If you want this city to re-establish itself as a beacon for other cities to emulate, you have the opportunity to light that torch. I have been amazed by the response I have received from people in every corner of the St. Boniface ward. I have been energized by hearing about your lives, your careers, and your families, and I have been inspired by hearing about what you expect from your city councillor. I hope that you will allow me to represent you, and to put City Hall back to work for you.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has helped make this campaign the success it has been. My team started off small; just a few friends and family members. But over the past several weeks, it has grown by leaps and bounds. I never thought it would be possible to get my message out to the entire ward, but with the help of my amazing volunteers, especially my 83 year old grandfather (who easily walked over 20 miles, handing out fliers and meeting with residents), and my remarkable girlfriend who put in more 15 hour days than I can count, we were able to reach every corner of the St. Boniface ward. This campaign has become everything in my professional life since I decided to make this my new career path and take on this challenge with the help of my campaign manager. He and I began dreaming of a City Hall for the people, free of partisan agendas and infighting that would make Winnipeg a better place for all and a place we could be proud of. Without his support, countless hours of effort and patience, and passion for this city, we would never have gained the incredible amount of support we have. To date, my team and I have personally distributed over 35,000 fliers to doorsteps, placed well over 200 public signs, and met with thousands of residents from Royalwood, Southland Park, Niakwa Park, Island Lakes, Dugald Road, Sage Creek, Archwood, Southdale, St Boniface, Norwood and Windsor Park to talk about their lives, their concerns, and their ideas for moving our city forward. Now it’s time to cast our vote for a new City Hall.

Thank you,

Ryan Davies

Candidate for City Councillor for St. Boniface

No comments:

Post a Comment